A Frenchman went to stay at the best hotel in a small Italian town with his wife. One night, he went out for a
walk alone. The small street was dark and quiet. Suddenly he felt someone behind him. He turned his head and saw
an Italian young man who quickly walked past him. The man was nearly out of sight ( 看不見了 ) when the French-man suddenly found that his watch was gone. He thought that it must be the Italian who had taken his watch. He de-cided to follow him and get back the watch.
Soon the Frenchman caught up with the Italian. Neither of them understood the other' s language. The French-man frightened the Italian with his fist (拳頭) and pointed at the Italian' s watch. In the end the Italian took off his
watch and gave it to the Frenchman.
When he returned to the hotel, the Frenchman told his wife what had happened. He was greatly surprised when
his wife pointed to the watch on the table. Now he realized ( 意識到 ) that by mistake he had robbed ( 搶劫 ) the watch and it was the Italian' s.
61. One night the Frenchman went out for a walk __
A. by himself
B. with his wife
C. with an Italian
62. Why did the Frenchman decide to follow the young man?
A.Because the young man walked so fast.
B. Because he found the young man was out of sight.
C .Because he wanted to catch the young man.
63. The word "frighten" in the passage means __
64. Why did the Italian take off his watch and give it to the Frenchman?
A.Because he had taken the watch from the Frenchman.
B. Because he had picked up the watch on his way from work.
C.Because he was afraid of the Frenchman.
65. Who was robbed in the story?
A. The Frenchman.
B. The Italian.
C. Neither of them.
- 2020年公共英語三級口語練習：Part B部分常考話題(7)
- 2020年公共英語三級口語練習：Part B部分常考話題(6)
- 2020年公共英語三級口語練習：Part B部分常考話題(2)
- 2020年公共英語三級口語練習：Part B部分常考話題(1)