1.—Each of the students, working hard at his or her lessons________ to go to university.
—So do I.
A. hope B. hopes C. hoping D. hoped
2.Either you or the headmaster________ the prize for these gifted students at the meeting.
A. is handing in B. are to hand out
C. are handing in D. is to hand out考試論壇
3. A library with five thousand books________ to the nation as a gift.
A. is offered B. has offered
C. are offered D. have offered
4. His family________ a big one. When I came to see him last night,
His family________watching TV.
A. is; was B. was; were C. is; were D. are; were
5. The poor________ helped by government programs,________?
A. is; isn’t it B. is; isn’t he
C. are; aren’t they D. are; haven’t they
6. The teacher and writer________ asked to make a speech at the meeting.
A. is B. was C. are D. were
7. When and where to build the new factory________ yet.
A. is not decided B. are not decided
C. has not decided D. have not decided
8. The number of people invited________ fifty, but a number of them________ absent for different reasons.
A. were; was B. was; was C. was; were D. were; were
9. Four-fifths of the workers here________ ________ workers.
A. is woman B. are woman C. are women D. is women
10.No one but her parents________ it.
A. know B. knows C. is knowing D. are knowing
11. The rest of the spelling exercises _______ as your homework.
A. is to be done B. are to do C. are to be done D. will do
12. The rest of the food ________ in the refrigerator.
A. is to keep C. are to be kept B. are to keep D. is to be kept
1. The satellite ______ in a rocket. (launch)
2. The roof _____ under the weight of the snow. (collapse)
3. We should avoid _____ what we think about people different from ourselves. (decide)
4. The most _____ evidence of black holes comes from research into binary stars system. (convince)
5. There is a great deal of ____ about his retirement from active politics. (speculate)
Answers: was launched, collapsed, deciding, convincing, speculation
1. A black hole exerts a strong gravitational pull and yet it has no matter.
2. If we understood black holes, they wouldn’t be so dreadful to us.
3. His company collapsed as a result of poor management.
4. His figure was swallowed up in the dark.
5. Has the medicine started to operate?